Monday, January 31

Chicken Parmesan

I cooked supper for some friends recently and made this dish.  This is a dish I've been making since Chris and I were newlyweds . . . for almost 10 years now! Wow, time flies when you're having fun! My friend asked me to share this, so I thought I would share this quick, easy, and fairly healthy dish with everyone!

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. 
4 chicken breasts
2 eggs
Big Bowl of Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
Marinara sauce of your choice, depending on time I may make my own or I may add some extra herbs to a pre-made jarred brand.  If using a pre-made one I usually add garlic powder, dried onion flakes, and oregano. 
4 oz.Mozzarella cheese
4 oz Parmesan Cheese

Make your Marinara sauce and let it simmer while you do the following steps.  Cut chicken breasts in half or into strips. Break eggs and mix in a bowl.  Roll chicken in egg, then bread crumbs.  Cover thoroughly and place in a baking dish.  This step can be done up to one day prior and placed covered in the frig.  Cook for 20 mins, uncovered. 
Remove dish and pour a generous portion of marinara sauce over the chicken covering most of each piece.  Then, top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.  I usually cover majority of the chicken with both the sauce and cheese. Cook for 15minutes, uncovered, until cheese melted and a light golden brown.  Serve with pasta and marinara sauce on the side.  We usually have a fresh salad and garlic bread with it too.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment