Wednesday, February 2

Moments with HIM

I get daily information, encouragements, and devotionals from several different websites, and lately I've been signing up for more that focus audience consists of  wives and mothers specifically.  After all, I feel as though God spent my whole life molding me for this moment, this season I'm blessed to be in RIGHT now, and I must make the most of it.  One site sent out information encouraging stay at home moms to start blogging devotionals.  Let me share with you some of the information this 14 page letter held:  "Some devotional blogs are simply spiritual blogs recording an individual persons walk and growth with the Lord. Devotional blogs have become very popular because they help the individual share their story and therefore providing a testimony to an audience . . .  Having a devotional blog is a great way to share our thoughts on what our daily Bible readings have done to our hearts. It also helps to unravel it's mysteries too. Writing is good for the brain, it helps clear the mind so we can have “room” to think about more stuff and learn more too! . . .  A lot of Christian Moms have also started a devotional/spiritual blog to minister to other Christian Moms and/or the non-believer. I believe blogs can be used as a powerful ministry tool by busy moms who simply feel the need or desire to do “something more” and share their faith with others. A lot of times writing in a devotional/spiritual blog is often the only way moms know how to share their faith because it can be too intimidating to actually talk to other people."  So, after reading all of that I thought, "OK" perhaps God is leading me that way, perhaps His plan is for me to share a little more. I pray this encourages you and strengthens your relationship with God!  It's truly awesome walking hand-in-hand with God through life, and I want all of you to experience it as well.

I have my quiet time with God when the house is quiet either during the kid's afternoon nap or at night after the kids have gone to bed.  Sometimes, I read from my Women's Devotional Bible or other times I read from Bible Gateway. I don't have a certain reading plan set up currently, but would love to follow one of the plans to read through the entire Bible in a year. Sometimes I'm led to read a certain book or chapter by something going on in my life that day, what I may need to draw strength from the Lord in regards to . . . other times it's a conversation with the kids, friend, or Chris that leads me . . . and sometimes I just somehow end up reading something which I have no doubt is definitely God led.  Lately, I keep ending up submerged in the books of Luke and Matthew which have a lot of similarities.  I'm not sure I ever realized that before.  The books include many great words to live by.  I've never hidden the fact that I'm not perfect and have much to learn- AND what better way to learn and improve myself then by following the word of God.  Plus, what better way to teach your children THE word then recite things to them over and over.  Life can be hard for the little guys, and I've definitely seen how God's word has helped Bradley when he is having normal life issues.  So, this means I of course need to keep reading and learning to help teach them as best as I can.
So, I wanted to share with you one of the excerpts from Luke.  This same topic is discussed in Matthew as well as other places throughout the Bible and I keep coming across it - so I thought "OKAY God, I read you loud and clear." This is something I obviously need encouragement in and should work on.

Luke 6:  27-36
“But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them. Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back.  Do to others as you would have them do to you.
“If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them. And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do that. And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, expecting to be repaid in full. But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

My perception of this is that I must love everyone.  It doesn't matter how I'm treated, good or bad, I must LOVE all.  We are commanded, by God, to "Love each other as He has loved us" in other areas of the Bible.  By loving that one person, you could bring him/her through a difficult time in their lives and lead them to God.  How incredible is that?!?! You could save their soul, free it from an eternity in Hell! It may be hard to love everyone continuously, and something we have to continually pray about, but I believe that through Christ we can improve ourselves and love others no matter what the circumstance. 
So, I end this with a prayer:
Dear God,
Thank you for being our Heavenly Father, for always being there for us in good and bad times.  Ultimately, it's you that we're living for- it's your purpose that we need to live for. 
I pray that this touches someones heart today. May this devotional reach out to to someone as if it was written specifically for them. I believe it was, that YOU directed my mind and heart and allowed my fingers to write your desires for us.  I pray that we're all reminded to live following your word and continue to submerge ourselves in it.  Please remind me of these words, on a daily basis, so that I may serve you in the best possible way and lead others to know your love and ultimately accept you into their heart.  I pray that we read this with an open mind, feel motivated, and become all that YOU have created us to be. In your name I pray, Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment