Monday, June 6

L & D Trip

Yesterday, I was having some issues. Some pressure down low, frequent urination (but no burning like a uti- the pressure was causing it), was fine when I laid down for the most part, but when I stood for more than a few minutes I'd have this sharp sensation that would cause me to double over because it felt like I was going to pee on myself. Davis wasn't moving as much as usual. He was breach a couple of weeks ago and my other babies have never been in that position this late. So, for a couple of weeks now I haven't felt like I was emptying my bladder, getting up several times a night to go "potty", and having frequent kicks to the bladder  . . . and while I've become to grow accustomed to that it was very different yesterday.  It felt like the baby was kicking or hitting this nerve that was directly attached to my bladder and it was quite uncomfortable- he seemed lower too. So, after fighting it all day I called the on call doctor which turned out to be the OB that delivered the triplets. She advised me to go to Richland, get on the monitor, and get everything checked out due to my history. So, we made our way up there - all the while trying NOT to be sick to our stomachs as the possibility that I may not be going back home with this sweet baby still in my tummy but all along thinking SURELY after this many children and pregnancies I'd know if something were really long- and just the thought of that place and our history there it's surprising that we are able to not empty everything in our stomachs when entering those halls. I'd hoped that after a good delivery with Cameron and it being 2.5 years since we were there living in what we thought was pure hell that things would be improved. W.R.O.N.G. Turns out post-traumatic stress disorder, which is the only way to really describe our emotions at Palmetto Health Richland, never truly goes away- just goes silent until you have to go through the motions of what caused it in the 1st place.
I was monitored, prodded, and cathed- AND after 4 long hours sent back home. Everything looked great. They aren't really sure what was causing the issues- could be his position or could be scar tissue from past c-sections pulling as my uterus grows. It has been better today- still there but some improvement thankfully. I was scheduled to go to the doctor this week anyway for an Ob appointment and another ultrasound, so I'll still do that.  I don't have anymore restrictions and am free to do whatever I was doing before. Praying I have another few more weeks of pregnancy before I end up there again. Everyone loves a full term baby, but Chris and I just say we'll be happy to get past 32 weeks- which is a little over a week from now- you don't have to worry about eye and ear issues and things are just overall much, much better than what we went through with Austin. Less than 6 weeks to go until Davis is full term. Yay! So thankful everything looked good, and we're still going strong!
On a fun note, a sweet friend is giving me a shower next week and I'm sooo excited and blessed by my wonderful friends. I was so blown away, after having so many children, that anyone would even think to give me one.  She sweetly told me that everyone can use diapers and wipes and since Davis is being born in a totally different season than my other children he'll need some clothes and other things that may be worn out or you can't pass down. So, after yesterday there is no reason to think that I won't still be "truckin' along" and can enjoy it.  Hope everyone can make it! And, thank you, thank you, thank you Michelle for continuing to be such a blessing in my life!
That's all folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment