Friday, May 20

Maniac May


Mother's Day Luncheon at Preschool
Bradley made me a picture, corsage, and planted some herbs for me that were added to our herb pot on the deck.  He did great performing. And, he knew the songs so well and was always ahead of everyone else.


Family fun- everyone in the clothes basket!


Look at the beautiful blue eyes! I know I'm a little partial, but we think that we have been blessed with the 2 most gorgeous girls ever! Cameron finally got her 1st top tooth this week at 14 months old. I was beginning to wonder if she had top teeth. And, she only has 3 bottom teeth. It's better to get them later, but the teething thing is getting a little old. :-)

Austin hates for his picture to be taken (perhaps bc I took so many in the NICU or the bright lights remind him of the NICU???.) However, on this day I managed to capture his fun loving, silly personality when he was rocking in Cameron's rocker.  He was saying, "rock, rock" which in the last week he has begun to say short sentences. He often says, " I love chocolate" or " I want apple" (he calls all fresh produce apple) or " I need a bottle". We're so excited about his expanding speech and vocabulary. Another favorite word is "Michael" which is Austin's and Chris' middle names, but he hears it most often with his uncle/my brother. He even tells people that is his name, he'll say, " no, I Miii chaeel" if someone asks if his name is Austin with the cutest little southern drawl.

Look at those 2 having fun!


And, I had to post this picture to show how cute Cameron is holding on for the ride.


Big Brother Bradley had to get in on the fun too!
LOVE having a "big" family as people describe us- seems to be the bigger the family the closer they are!

They played with this clothes basket for a long time.
We have bigger ones too, but they shared so well.



And, since I haven't taken the time to scan in an ultrasound picture of the newest addition I figured I'd post a picture of my belly. 28 weeks! Yay. I go Monday for my next ultrasound, and I'm hoping they will do another 3D ultrasound. The last one he was looking like Bradley and Cameron, so I'm excited to see who he will favor. And, I continue to be so amazed of God's miracles- no diabetes! It continues to blow all the doctor's minds. They say it may still come, but when I spot check my sugar it is actually improving. Wow- when I felt God telling me to give it to Him about whether or not we should have another baby I NEVER dreamed he'd take care of my diabetes!




Austin said, "No, Daddy" when I pointed the camera at him and pointed to Chris to take his picture instead.


Bradley said, "take my picture Mama!"
Less than a week till our big boy graduates from preschool.
And, then he'll have the whole summer off. Yay!


May has been a very busy month for us. Parties, showers, birthday parties, a BBQ, a dedication, a cookout, and the month still isn't over yet. It has been fun hanging out with our friends so much. We're very blessed with our many friends that offer so much love and support! They just continue to go above and beyond, and we're so grateful for God giving us these brothers and sisters in Christ. Next week we have 2 therapy appointments for Austin, my OB appointment, Bradley and I are going to the dentist, Bradley's graduation, our 10 year anniversary, Bradley's last day of school, and we're having family pictures taken too. Chris is off, a couple of days, for our anniversary and to make up for him working the holiday weekend. Then, on Memorial Day we're planning to enjoy some fun in the sun!

A few fun ideas to share to everyone that is local . . .

Rita's Ice
There is one on Harbison Boulevard and one at Sandhills. And, actually this is a chain, so they are throughout SC and the United States.  Very yummy, special treat for our family. Italian Ice and Custard are among their specialties. Chris and Austin enjoyed chocolate custard, which is a lot like soft serve ice cream, but more tasty. Bradley had cherry ice. And, I had a Blendini. They have different ice flavors everyday, and a lot of them are fruit flavored and such a nice light treat. The Blendini mixes ice, custard, and a mix-in. So, I had Smores Ice, Chocolate Custard with Health mixed in - and everyone in our family enjoyed it.

This is something new that will run the 2nd and 4th Saturday from June through October. They're having a kick-off tomorrow, Saturday May 21st. You can view more information at the link above or search for it on Facebook. We're looking forward to checking out the local produce as well as the other things they will offer such as plants and crafts. It will be from 9am-1pm on Main Street, in the vacant lot where Sessions used to be.  It should be something fun for the family, and we're hoping everyone will support the local farms. I bet the produce will be very yummy.

The grand opening, for the one in Lexington, is this Tuesday May 24th. It's a self serve yogurt bar. They have all different flavors of yogurt and toppings, everything from brownies to nuts and ceral to cookie dough, and you can mix and match everything of your choice. It's across from Target in the same area as Travinia's.  Yum Yum!







No comments:

Post a Comment