Friday, May 6

Crazy Mom Brain

Things that go through my mind during an average naptime:

SICK VISIT  Took Austin and Cameron to the doctor yesterday, because they've had runny noses for a couple of weeks on and off. This week they both started coughing. Austin has been requiring nebulizer treatments while Cameron just seems miserable.  Thankfully, they just had sinus infections and Austin also has an ear infection.  Cool. I'm being serious. They are easily treatable and the best part is Austin's lungs are CLEAR! So, antibiotics for both the little ones and a few more days of treatments for Austin- easy and I can handle that! Austin's tonsils are still huge, but he did well with the sleep study. So, that means NO ENT will touch this kid until he is at least 3 to think about removing them, because Austin is Austin afterall. With his history and lung disease they just don't want to do anything until absolutely necessary.  The pediatrician does think they interfere with his weight gain. He continues to gain a little then lose it and repeats.  Yesterday he only weighed 21 pounds 10 ounces while his "little" sister is hanging out at 25 pounds. However, he continues to stay on his little weight curve, so no one is going to mess with things at this point. Austin really needs to grow, so his lungs can maximize this important time. A child's lungs continue to get new growth and regenerate until they are 6- the more he grows, the more they grow.  So, if you could be praying for that we'd appreciate it very much!

DAVIS
Only a max of 13 weeks till the little guy makes his arrival! Yay! I've got to get going on that nursery and some major reorganization with the kid's stuff. Currently I use that room for majority of the boy's clothes- basically because it's unused so I can- it has been nice to be able to put away their clean clothes when they're sleeping, clean out too small stuff, put away new things, and see what they need etc. It has spoiled me. I have to pick out bedding for this boy. Good thing is he doesn't have to have it to come home- he won't sleep in there anyway for about 8 weeks, but it would be nice to have it done and ready. I had an appointment and ultrasound last week and will have another next week. All looked well. The MCA Velocity did creep up the chart and is on the C/B border now which just means they have to check things at least every 10-14 days. My cervix still looked great via ultrasound.  My OB said that as far as he is concerned that I passed my 3 hour Glucola test, and I'm NOT diabetic this pregnancy. However, with my history I should continue to spot check things every couple of days. He said it almost seems as if I'm hypoglycemic since my 3 hour dropped in the very dangerous range (32- is normally a coma range- thank goodness I recognized the signs and carb overloaded- totally a God thing that I didn't pass out and go unconscious.). No one knows what this all means. It's a little weird, but I'm followed so much that we will all keep close tabs on it and see what happens.  Everything else looks good- no high amniotic fluid yet like last time either. But, I'm measuring 4 weeks ahead. They haven't measured Davis in awhile, so they're guessing he has really grown- by the looks of my belly I believe it! I was excited to see that I've only gained 15lbs in 24 weeks- that is incredible for me and the doctor said that while he would tell someone my size to gain at least 40 he is OK with it because Davis is growing well. And, that I should gain at least a pound a week from here and probably more, so as long as I do that he is fine with it.  To think I could gain only 30 pounds is amazing to me since I always hit over 50! :-) I guess that is what having 3 small children will do for you.

THIS HOUSE
Renovation costs came back more than we were willing to invest in this house. It will still only give us one bathroom for four children and no we aren't sure we are "done" at this point either- that is in God's hands! I think that is doable. . .  Chris not so much  . . .I never had to share a bathroom with a sibling. . . we both agree that they all don't need their own bathroom or bedroom for that matter...and really it'd be good for them to share a bathroom with at least one person.  We have things that we want/need to do to this house. The yard is a mess. Some rooms have never been painted besides that blah, creme, builder paint. Nor do all the rooms have curtains and one particular room is fairly empty and bare.  There is so much wasted space in this house that is really a little more formal than our taste these days. And, one day I'm going to be take a sledge hammer to the laundry room ( more like closet) because it drives me crazy. There are 5 people that need clean laundry- one child vomits enough to make the dirty laundry of what 2 adults do and the little one is the messiest eater and often has at least 2 baths a day and makes enough laundry for 2 kids. What shall we do? So, just praying about God's will with all of it. We're blessed with some awesome neighbors, great location, and more- so very thankful for all of that.

BRADLEY
Bradley is growing up. He brought home his cap and gown pictures the other day. He will graduate preschool at the end of the month, Chris and my TEN year anniversary by the way. He looked so old and handsome in his pictures. I had to pick out a baby picture to send to school for the graduation ceremony. And, it was so bittersweet. What a sweet baby he still is, but when I look at him I see that 6 month old that just tugged at my heart string with every little smile. It used to just be the 2 of us most days and nights. Chris worked incredibly long hours as a resident, so Bradley and I were alone all the time. We had lots of play dates and went on lots of walks- spent tons of time outdoors. It was a fun and special time.  I can't imagine life without my 5 other children, but I'm still grateful that I was able to invest all of my time in Bradley. It has shaped him to be such a secure, caring, well- rounded little boy. And, now he can teach his siblings all of the wonderful traits he has been blessed with. On the way home, yesterday, he told me to look at him after being quiet for awhile. So, I looked in the rear view mirror all the way to the 3rd row as that is where he is now in the car. And, he had found Chris' baseball hat and was sipping on his drink from lunch just smiling. I caught a glimpse of what he will look like as a teenager- then he said, "I love you Mama". MELT. MY. HEART!!!

MY "TWINS"
Everywhere we go people ask if Austin and Cameron are twins. It's constant. Then, we say no and then they ask how far apart they are and don't believe they are actually 15 months apart (they think less)- if they inquire more then I explain that Austin was 4 months premature and that they are developmentally and by due date only 12 months apart. Austin only has a couple of inches on Cameron. And, if they're both in the highchairs, being carried, or in the stroller then it's isn't obvious that one moves around a lot better than the other. It's kinda cool, because I always wanted twin.  Then again it's a little sad, because I should be able to say something like "no, these 3 are triplets." Is this all in God's plans? I'm not sure. Will Davis coming make it look like I have triplets on Earth? Not too sure, but I do wonder. Does it matter? Heck no, because I love all these kids so very much- my mind just wonders some days. It will be pretty awesome this time next year having a 6 year old, 3 year old, 2 year old and almost 1 year old! So crazy blessed!

FLOWERS
I received flowers from my husband and all six children yesterday. I was very excited, and they're beautiful! It was pretty cool to see all of my children's names filling up the card.  Thank you Sweetie!

OUR YARD
We've been planting more things in the yard to fill in the bare spots.  Chris is still working to complete the storage building and lean to part that covers his lawnmower.  We still need to get all the weeds, in the flower beds, controlled and gone. Then, it will be time to put down new much and pine straw.

Then, there is our daily Bible Studies, and that Chris and I have thought about starting a home group. My mind wonders over to thinking of what couples/families would be interested. Would we want to keep the focus on families and children?
TV is another big thing- Austin is addicted to TV and pitches a fit when he wants it on in the car especially. I hate the TV and try to keep their exposure to TV and video games (Bradley is the only one playing video games so far due to age) to a max of 10 hours a week (per recommendation of the AAP- American Academy of Pediatrics). The thing with Austin pitching a fit is I can't quite ignore it like I can with the other 2, because he crying leads to coughing that leads to gagging and ultimately throwing up. However, he has become very interested in books lately so I've been giving him books in the car and so far it has worked well. We were in the car a long time yesterday, going to the doctor across town, and I got to enjoy music. Yay!
Special occasions . . . lots of showers, birthdays and more this month. 2 showers, 3 other parties, Mother's Day, a dedication, a few birthday parties, a preschool graduation, and the list goes on and on.
Coupons and cooking at home. We're still using Southern Savers to save some money and still cooking at home as much as possible. Some days I don't feel like cooking, but we're trying to avoid eating out as much as possible- good for the hips, good for the pocketbook, and good for our family. 
Ahhh, and my mind keeps going but I won't bore you anymore. It really runs when the house is quiet, and I'm thinking of all the things that I want/need to do. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment