Tuesday, April 5

April Already?!?!

Wow, time is flying. I’m 21 weeks, almost 22 weeks. I have another doctor’s appointment today. I’m going at least every other week with ultrasounds about every 2 weeks. My last appointment was with my OB about a week ago and he was pleased with my progress. I’ve gained less weight than any pregnancy before- yay! He does want me to shoot to gain at least 40 pounds, and with the insulin being added in the next month or so that will be no issue since it adds a good 15 pounds along with what the weight diabetes adds. I still have several months to go, and I’m starting to get very hungry! I’m going to have my one hour Glucola (test for diabetes) today, so we shall see what it shows. Hopefully, I’ll just be diet controlled or perhaps just an oral medication at this point and get to wait another month or so to add insulin. Four finger pricks a day is enough without 4 shots right?  I just realized I never revealed what Baby #6 is . . . drum roll please . . . . it’s a BOY! We’re so excited to add another sweet boy to the family. We’re moving on down the alphabet, so his name is avis Matthew. Davis is our favorite ‘D’ name, and Matthew is from the Bible. Matthew is one of our favorite books of the Bible- definitely words to live by! We’ve gotten a good bit of positive feedback from people that came from big families as of late. It kind of makes us wonder what God has in store for us, but you’ll have to stick around to see for yourself just like us.




Cameron’s party went well. It turned out to be a gorgeous, sunny, warm day and she was the sweet spot at the party. She seemed to enjoy herself very much and loved her cake. We had games out for the kids to play. We thought about doing an Easter egg hunt, but figured we’d save that for when Cameron was older and could participate. Lunch was hotdogs, chili, coleslaw, pasta salad, fruit, and chips. Then, we enjoyed a yummy cake made by a friend of mine. We had Sweet Shoppe for the other kid’s favors. Cameron opened lots of wonderful presents that evening after a restful nap. It was a great day surrounded by our favorite people. Thanks to all that were able to make it.



No other real updates with the rest of the family. Chris has been busy getting some things done around the house. We started looking for bedding for the nursery. Everything will stay the same in the room except the bedding that Austin had which was the theme that we’d planned for the triplets. We’re looking at something bright and cheerful for Davis. He’ll need some new clothes as he is due a different time of the year than any of our other children. So, we’re guessing the seasons will be all wrong. Diapers and wipes . . . we’re going to have 3 children in diapers at once- wow! We shall see if all the rest of our baby gear will hold up for a 4th child. Our swing was on its “last leg” or so we thought with Cameron. I just bought a new back pack carrier at a consignment sale as Cameron wore out our old one since she spends so much time in it. Bradley and Austin seem excited about our new addition. They both really like babies. Bradley still says he wants lots more. Glad he is such a caring child and loves to love others- what a God given trait that is!



Easter is right around the corner and we’ve been observing Lent. We’re doing a 40 day clean out of our home. Cleaning it out to open up more time for serving our Lord. Get rid of all the excess in your life that takes away from your time with God is the thought behind it. Make life simple, so you can serve the Lord in whatever purposes he asks of you.



So, that is what we’ve been up to lately. I don’t have time to post pictures, so I’ll do that later. I need to get ready for my appointment. Say a prayer all looks well with baby, my cervix, and the blood flow in the brain. Thanks! Have a blessed day!

** UPDATE from OB appointment**
My cervix measured great! Praise God. It needs to be greater than 2.5 and it was slightly over 4. I have to continue to take it easy: have my daily rest breaks, not stand for a long time, etc.  The MCA velocity looked good for now. Remember this is about the antibodies that I have. The measurement is taken by doing a doplar of a part of the baby's brain just like heartrate is measured. Then, the measurements are graphed and put in 'A' to 'D' categories. A being the worst. Last time it was a 'D' and this time it was a 'C' which is still good.  So, I go back in 2 weeks to have both of those things checked again. It was verified that he is definitely a boy and proud of it. :-) The little guy's growth is great. I've gained a minimal amount of weight still- however that is going to change soon I'm sure as I miserably failed the test for diabetes. One hour after you drink the Glucola they want your blood sugar to be under 140. If it was 140 to 200 then my doctor was going to put me through a 3-hour test- however since I know how to "do something right" mine was 223. So, I just bought myself 4 finger pricks a day and at least daily oral medication if not immedietly going to insulin.  My doctor will call me tomorrow after the venipuncture results come back. I checked myself with my glucometer, so I could immedietly start the diabetic diet if necessary. No surprise here- just goes with the territory of a pregnancy for me. Any baby is well worth anything I have to endure. **

No comments:

Post a Comment