Friday, February 24

My Austin

My Austin, my Austin . . . that kid keeps us on our toes. First he was sick as I posted last time which it took forever for him to get rid of that junk, but it's finally gone. Then, all the testing, but everything came back ok- no cystic fibrosis or kidney issues as suspected, just low protein. So, he is being referred to a nutritionist. And, there was talk about going to an endocrinologist if nothing was found with all the testing so I'm not sure about that yet.
So, the bottom line is he has to grow. To avoid a feeding tube we are praying that he grows before the doctors start to pressure us with that. So, I'm praying for 5 pounds. That would put him on the low end of average for a 3 year old. Austin has never been on the growth charts for his age for length or weight, so we'd love to see that. So, I'm asking God to specifically let Austin gain FIVE pounds. That would be huge! I believe God can do that, and if I keep feeling this need for 5 pounds then there must be a reason- God must be placing that in my heart for a reason. I'm feeding Austin all day long and anything he wants. That is what the doctors have said to do, no matter how high in sugar or fat- just get the calories anyway possible. He was a little under 25 pounds before his surgery, so 25 is the starting point. And, this week he hit 26.4 pounds- the most he has ever weighed! Yay! He needs to stay well too, because every time he gets sick he loses weight.
Tonight Austin is having another sleep study done. And, I'm asking for prayers that he does well and there are no signs of sleep apnea. We still suspect sleep apnea, but know God is in charge of this. His sleep is still off even with his tonsils being removed.  He is up on and off all night and if he naps then he stays up very late at night. And, children his age should be napping still. Sometimes he just falls asleep where ever he is and he shouldn't do that. And, then he is very hard to wake.

My sweet Austin all hooked up and ready for his sleep study.


So, I'm asking for prayers. . .  for Austin to gain 5 pounds, for Austin to not show any apnea, and for Austin to stay well. Please join me in praying for my sweet Austin. We continue to be amazed by all of his accomplisments and love how happy he is.  . . he is such a special child and I want him to be well. He is worth every moment of worry and anxiety that he has caused us. God conintues to give us strength and knowledge as to how to best for care for him, and we're so grateful. God's peace is one of the things I'm most grateful for . .. on the days when we get bad news about Austin or they start to talk about things that are possible wrong, I get upset, but then I go to sleep and over night God takes away all of that worry and anxiety AND the next day is better. It's amazing and something I'm so thankful for. God is good all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment