Tuesday, March 1

Terrific Tuesday

I'm just resting (a rest break recommended by my OB) while the kids are taking their naps.  I'm enjoying the warm, sunny, breeze coming through the open windows.  I have some major spring fever. Thoughts of picnics, fresh garden vegetables, many hours in the warm sun, picking strawberries, and flip flops are dancing through my head. Who can't be happy with Spring around the corner??? I love to be optimistic, happy, and smiling- no doubt this is a God given gift. I don't have much patience for people that complain and whine.  Why not allow yourself to dream of all the wonderful, simple things God can and will provide? Who knows who is watching you be thankful for the little things God is providing. Who knows who you may be able to lead to Christ through your love and happiness. Just some thoughts going through my mind. There are so many thoughts going through my mind these days as we're still reading Purpose Driven Life. It has been such a good study. The main focus is to help me, the reader, understand that we're here for God's purpose and not our own.
"It's in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for.  Long before we first heard of Christ, . . .he had his eye on us, had designs on us for glorious living, part of the overall purpose he is working out in everything and everyone." Ephesisans 1:11
That is the verse in the dedication and the book goes so much deeper than that. It has been a wonderful experience for Chris and me, individually as well as a couple. The book covers many subjects. One I found particularly interesting is what way you draw closer to God. I learned I'm an activist who loves God through confronting evil and working to make the world a better place and a caregiver who loves God by loving others and meeting their needs.  Interesting stuff; it reminded me of the love languages.  Have you ever read about those? Check it out: The Five Love Languages It's a great book as well. I've studied the love languages a good bit in my MOPS (mothers of preschoolers) groups. 
We've been enjoying lots of time outdoors lately. The kids really love being outside.  We've played in the backyard, had meals outside, and just spent some good family time together. We just had Bradley's 5th birthday party this past weekend. He had a bowling party and told us it was the best birthday party ever! That makes it perfect for us.  We celebrate a week early due to Chris' work schedule, but plan to spend Bradley's actual birthday together just the 5 of us. Cameron's birthday is just 2 weeks away, so we're getting ready for her 1st birthday party.  Got some cute ideas for our sweet little girl. Can't believe I will have a 5 year old, 2 year old, and 1 year old . . . and of course one on the way! The 2 year old is hanging in there. He has had some lung issues lately, but we're hoping after a burst of oral steroids that he will improve.  We've changed a few meds as it seems as though these issues are a reactive airway type things from his lung disease. It's a little frustrating as it seems that he has taken a step backwards since his hospital visit in the fall.  So, hopefully the new medications will impove things and he will GROW! Say some prayers for him. Baby Wicker is doing well. I'll be 17 weeks in a couple of days. The big anatomy scan is just a couple of weeks away.  The doctor is going to check my cervix at that time to see if he needs to make any changes/improvements to it before the baby starts to really grow (about 20 weeks). My OB will also be looking for a few other things that may be issues as my blood titers (relating to the blood anitbodies) have started to go up.  So, I may have to start getting weekly ultrasounds very soon which was going to be fairly often anyway due to my cervical issues.  No point in worrying as God take care of it all, so we'll just wait and see how things look.  I've cut back on my activities a good bit, and am following the doctor's orders. These restrictions will be in place until I reach about 28 weeks and get through the part where he is most concerned when it comes to me and my history.  I started the weekly progersterone shot in my hip- aaaahhh the things we do for our babies! :-) So worth it! So far my blood sugar is doing well. That should start to change around 20 weeks, but maybe we'll see some huge miracle! So, we're just hanging out and enjoying life as usual. Keep smiling! And, I'm going to leave you with a few of our ABC's!

















What do you think Baby Wicker is? Comment on this post, send me an email, or post it on my Facebook wall. It will be neat to see what everyone thinks, and I'll write it in Baby Wicker's Baby Book.  For those that want to know the facts of the pregnancy before you guesss:
-Heartrate was 157 at the last appt., right in between my boy and girl norms. My girls are always 160 and over and my boys are always under 150.
- I'm really tired like I was with Bradley's pregnancy.
- I'm not as sick as I was with any previous pregnancy.  I was most sick with Cameron's pregnancy.
-I've had headaches like Cameron's pregnancy.
- I'm smaller than any pregnancy before.
- I've really enjoyed fruits this pregnancy which is a first.
-Chris says it's a boy, and Bradley says it's a girl. They've always agreed and both been right with the previous 4.  The pregnancy is most like Bradley's overall.
- The baby seems fairly active on ultrasound. I can usually feel it at night when taking it easy in bed.  My girls are usually more active than my boys in utero.
God has kept us guessing with this one; that is for sure! So, send me a message of what you're thinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment